It’s your wedding day and you should be the center of attention. Here are tips on how to keep your teeth white as can be for that special day.
He popped the question. You said yes. In six months you are going to be married.
You have tirelessly planned the wedding covering every little detail flawlessly. From flowers to shoes to guest party silverware and the DJ. But have you forgotten about white teeth for your wedding day?
White Teeth for a White Wedding
Yes, your teeth!
All those photos on this one memorable day will be of you smiling. And you certainly don’t want to ruin them with yellow dingy teeth. You are going to be the center of attention and what people are going to be looking at is not your attire, but how you smile.
5 Strategies for Wedding Day White Teeth
Let’s look at five things you must do to obtain effective teeth whitening:
- Visit the dentist three months before to get a good tooth cleaning. Don’t hold out until the last minute because if there are any existing problems with your teeth its best to deal with it now.
- If you have problems in your teeth cosmetically such as cracked teeth, gaps, chips or alignment issues, you can discuss correcting these via porcelain veneers. This is a fast, long term solution that can enhance your smile. The great thing is that it does not require any invasive methods especially if you are drill shy. Veneers are basically are a thin layer of material that is bonded to your teeth to take the rough look out.
- Several weeks before your wedding, see a cosmetic dentist to get your teeth professionally whitened. Brighten them by the most cost affordable method available. Our suggestion is to do teeth whitening with bleaching trays. They will give you immediate results in hours.
- Up to the wedding, brush regularly and whiten your teeth at home with strips. Avoid smoking and drinking tea and coffee by all means. You paid a lot of money to flash those whites and the worst thing to do is to give them all back because of your dietary habits. Keep your teeth whitened by regularly using teeth whitening strips available over the counter. Put them on during down times while watching tv or cleaning the house.
- By all means, don’t forget to avoid certain foods and beverages during the reception that can stain your teeth. Red wine is a no-no. Any berry drinks like cranberry, fruit punch, etc are also not a good idea.
While planning your wedding may be one of the most challenging tasks you will ever experience in your life, you are in control. And that includes your smile too. Don’t be afraid to whiten your teeth for the most important day of your life.