When the sun is brightening and your alarm starts singing to break your bond with your cozy pillow the first thing you do to freshen up in the morning is probably to start brushing your teeth.
But, do you think just brushing and flossing your teeth is enough to maintain oral health?
No, just brushing twice a day is not sufficient. Your eating habits may cause cavities, plaque, yellow teeth and many other problems.
Various Caffeinated Beverages, Sugar-containing foods, and artificial colorants are the culprits which affect teeth health.
So, to avoid any of these problems you should pay some attention to your oral hygiene. In this article discover the complete facts on using Coconut Oil for teeth whitening and have shining teeth.
Of all those teeth enemies, yellow stains are the worst . Whether it is your picture or meeting someone special those yellow stains on your teeth will make you look unattractive.
Let’s see how coconut oil can help!
Coconut Oil for Teeth Whitening
So, now you are in search of DIY teeth whitening home remedies.
But, there are many home remedies for whitening teeth.
Of them, coconut oil pulling for teeth whitening is one of the best home remedies that can make your teeth whiter without side effects.
Many people claim that oil pulling benefits teeth and gums. So, Know the facts about coconut oil to clean teeth. Using coconut for Oil Pulling and brushing teeth with coconut oil results in removing the germs from your mouth.
Get complete details about coconut oil and teeth whitening in this article.
Does Oil Pulling Whiten Your Teeth?
Most people still have doubts about whether we can effectively use Coconut Oil for teeth whitening or not.
Do Scientists recommend oil pulling? No, There is no such documented proof that supports this theory of Coconut oil teeth whitening results.
So, it is not clinically proven that brushing your teeth with oil or using oil rinse for mouth can whiten your teeth.
But, many people use this method and got results – including the authors of this site!
So, give oil pulling for teeth problems a try. Even if it doesn’t work there is no loss because it has no side effects. In the worst case scenario you will end up with a silky smooth clean mouth, and there’s no downside to that.
Coconut oil does not whiten teeth by bleaching. But, the lauric acid present in coconut oil will help you to get rid of plaque and the bacteria present in your mouth that is the primary contributor to yellow stains.
The Coconut oil contains fatty acids. They comprise of 50% lauric acid. Lauric acid is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial which flush out the plaque and bacteria on the teeth and gums. So, get rid of the the plaque first to remove yellow stains on teeth. Whiten teeth at home naturally using this most loved home remedy. Coconut Oil for Teeth Whitening is an ayurvedic medicine which is popular from ancient time. So, Even though there is no evidence for proving this, there are many happy users who claimed the Coconut oil teeth whitening results.
Ways to use Coconut oil to Whiten Teeth
Coconut Oil Pulling for Teeth Whitening
Using Coconut Oil for teeth whitening is an age old method. Many people ask us how to get teeth whiter naturally?
For those people, coconut oil or sesame oil is the best option. Oil pulling with organic coconut oil is the best method help help in whitening teeth naturally at home.
You can also try sesame oil for teeth whitening to get similar results. Check the method to use Coconut Oil for teeth whitening. below
- Scoop out a spoon full of coconut oil and put into your mouth. The oil used in oil pulling is organic sesame oil and coconut oil. You can also use organic coconut oil or pre-made coconut oil chews.
- Allow the oil to heat up in your mouth. So that the solid coconut oil will turn to liquid. Swish the coconut oil for 20 minutes. In this technique, time plays a vital role. So, Oil pulling time should be 20 minutes. But, one more important thing that one should remember is overdoing also have side effects. You should swish so that the microbes are entrapped into oil, but not long enough that your body starts reabsorbing the toxins and bacteria. The Coconut oil will become thicker during this time. It should be creamy-white in color when you spit it out.
- Spit out the coconut oil out after 20 minutes. Never swallow the coconut oil as it is full of bacteria, toxins, and pus.
- Rinse well with warm water. Hot water can rinse your mouth better as it removes the greasiness that is left by oil.
- After oil pulling, you should brush well. Rinse your mouth very well using water.
Brushing with Coconut Oil
If you have trouble in pulling oil through your teeth, then you can try this method instead
In this process, you should apply coconut oil on the brush just as you apply your toothpaste.
The coconut oil should be in its solid state.
Then brush with coconut oil on teeth and gums. Continue this for 10 minutes to remove the microbes present in your mouth. After this, again brush your teeth with a toothpaste of your choice and rinse your mouth thoroughly.
If you can not use coconut oil directly, you can prepare your own Coconut oil toothpaste.
Teeth Whitening Toothpaste with Coconut Oil: Recipe
- Melt 2 cups of virgin coconut oil on low flame.
- After it melts completely, then turn off heat and add three spoons of baking soda.
- Take a tablespoon full of xylitol and blend it into a fine powder to make it easier to dissolve.
- Add the xylitol to coconut oil and this mixture add essential oil which you feel is palatable.
- Cool down the mixture. Allow the mixture to solidify and occasionally stir as the baking soda might settle at the bottom which leads to uneven preparation.
- To bring out the original feel of toothpaste, You can add few drops of peppermint oil
- Store this in a clean jar under cold conditions. Brush using this at least twice a week.
- After using this, again Brush as usual with your branded toothpaste.
Can I do Oil Pulling at Night?
Yes! Of course, you can do oil pulling at night. In fact, you can get some better results if you pull oil at night time.
Oil puling is traditionally performed on an empty stomach first thing in the morning as part of Ayuverdic practice. The timing has as much to do with spiritual reasons as anything else so it’s certainly not something that is set in stone.
The reason behind this is, there are a vast number of microbes present in your mouth in the evening compared to morning after a day of eating and drinking.
So, You can oil pull for teeth treatment at night also. But, after finishing oil pulling at night, you should brush your teeth with regular toothpaste and rinse your mouth with warm water.
Best Coconut Oil for Teeth Whitening?
For the nest tooth whitening results we recommend using an extra virgin coconut oil – it’s the most natural form.
Organic is nice to have but not really essential so let your budget deice that.
Personally, we always use the coconut oil pictured below, it’s amazing value and lasts for up to 12 months
Just click the image to check the current Amazon price with free shipping.
Top Tips for Using Coconut Oil for Teeth Whitening
- Use only one tablespoon full of coconut oil for oil pulling. It is because, if you could not accumulate large amounts then there is a chance of inhalation or swallowing. If you swallow the oil after oil pulling, then the microbes will directly reach your gut and cause various health problems.
- Pulling oil coconut for 20 minutes is essential. The reason for this is if you swish for less time, then the microbes may not be removed accurately. If you overdo oil pulling, then there is a chance for reabsorption. So, maintain the time perfectly.
- There is no Oil pulling side effects in particular. But, if you swallow then you may get infected severely.
This guide covered all you need to know regarding the Coconut Oil for teeth whitening.
As a final note be careful as there is a chance of swallowing the oil which is not good for your health.
If you are interested in other options for whitening your teeth, whether natural, DIY, or professional, take a look at our Ultimate Teeth Whitening Guide: XXL Edition