You are never fully dressed without a smile. Everyone crave sparkling white teeth as it enhances one’s smile and beauty.
Our teeth are coated with a layer called enamel which gives white color to the teeth.
A yellow layer called dentin lies below the enamel.
When the enamel gets stained or stripped, the yellow layer is displayed.
Teeth with stains look gruesome, so it is important to keep the teeth white and clean. Many people avoid smiling in public because they have stained teeth.
There are a plenty of natural teeth whitening remedies you can use at home for a beautiful smile.
Simply follow these cheap teeth whitening tips at to get really white teeth.
How to Whiten your Teeth fast
Salt – An Easy Way to Whiten Teeth
Salt restores the lost minerals in the teeth and also helps in achieving whiteness.
You can directly brush your teeth with sea salt instead of using toothpaste.
Brushing with sea salt not only whitens your teeth but also helps you get rid of bad breath. Mix a quarter teaspoon of salt into a glass of lukewarm water and rinse or gargle your mouth with it. Regular use of salt will give you relief from pain and gum swelling.
Method 2: Salt with Baking Soda
- Mix 3 tablespoons of Baking soda and 2 tablespoons of salt in a bowl.
- Now use this powder as tooth powder.
- Brush with this powder daily.
Method 3: Salt with Lemon
- Extract 2 to 3 teaspoons of lemon juice from a fresh lemon.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt to it and use this as toothpaste.
- Leave the paste on your teeth for few minutes and rinse it with water thoroughly.
- Alternatively, you can apply a diluted lemon juice on your teeth and leave for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this process twice a week.
Neem for Healthy Teeth
The Neem or Azadirachta indica has great medicinal values and is rich in antibacterial properties.
Neem twigs or leaves have plenty of oral health benefits. It also helps in abolishing all kinds of tooth troubles and aids in making teeth white and shiny.
Not only the leaves have medicinal benefits but also the whole tree has multiple benefits that treat tooth and gum problems.
- Neem Leaves: Consuming a lot of junk food develops plaque in our teeth. Hence teeth discoloration occurs. To solve this problem, eat raw neem leaves on a daily basis. Because chewing neem leaves kill the bacteria, tartar or plaque that commonly grows in teeth and gums. It also eliminates bad breath.
- Gargle with Neem Water: Gargling with neem water drives the bacteria away and also ensure that your teeth stay in good and healthy condition for a long period of time.
- Boil a bunch of Neem leaves in a bowl of water.
- Strain off the liquid and start gargling with the neem water.
- Repeat this process to get sparkling white teeth that shine like a set of pearls.
- Brush with Neem Paste: Make neem paste at home using some fresh neem leaves. Now brush with this paste on a daily basis. Nowadays we can see neem as an ingredient in many commercial herbal toothpastes. You can also try this herbal toothpaste for brushing.
- Neem Twigs: You may buy a neem twig from the market or break a branch of a neem tree and cut off a small twig of about 15 to 20 cms size. What you need to do is chew on this twig twice a day, i.e., morning and evening. As the fibers separate after chewing, a layer of thin skin remains and now the twig forms a brush at the end. Start brushing your teeth with this as you brush with a toothbrush.
Basil for Pearly Whites
The leaves of the basil plant have many teeth whitening properties as well as protecting our mouth from several teeth and gum diseases.
Consuming basil on a daily basis also offers complete oral care.
But how to get Whiter teeth with basil ? Follow the procedure below to get super white teeth.
- Take some fresh basil leaves and put them in the sun for a few hours.
- Keep the leaves under the sun till they become completely dry.
- Once dried, grind those leaves into a fine powder.
- Then mix this powder along with your regular toothpaste and brush your entire teeth properly.
- Repeat this process regularly to get sparkling white teeth.
- Get some fresh basil leaves and crush them to make a fine paste.
- Add dried orange peel powder to the paste and stir well.
- Apply this paste to your teeth and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- After you have done, wash your teeth thoroughly with water.
- Repeat this process once daily for better results.
- Crush 8-10 basil leaves into a fine paste.
- Mix 1 tsp of mustard oil and stir well.
- Now start brushing your teeth with this paste as your toothpaste.
- Mix 1 tbsp of turmeric powder with water or mustard oil.
- Blend this mixture to form like paste.
- Use this mixture as toothpaste.
- Dip your brush into this consistency and take a brush for 2 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with water to throw out all yellow powder.
- After this, take a brush with your general toothpaste.
- Practice this trick to obtain instant and best results.
Is Oil Pulling a Good Cheap Teeth Whitening Tip?
Oil pulling is one of the best easy and cheap teeth whitening tips.
It works by detoxifying the oral cavity in a similar way that soap cleans dirty dishes.
Oil pulling sucks the dirt out of the mouth and creates a clean, antiseptic oral environment that contributes to the proper flow of dental liquid that is needed to prevent cavities, gingivitis, etc. Oil pulling can be done with almost any of natural oil, i.e., Sesame oil, coconut oil, or olive oil.
But most people prefer coconut oil to these oils because 50% of the fat present in the coconut oil is comprised of the bacteria destroying ingredient called lauric acid.
How to do Oil Pulling
Make sure to do oil pulling in the morning right after you get out of your bed, i.e., before you brush your teeth or drink anything.
- Take 1 or 2 tablespoons of Coconut oil and gently swish it around your mouth.
- Pull the oil throughout your mouth and between your teeth for 10-20 minutes.
- Make sure that you don’t swallow any of the oil.
- Now spit out the oil in the trash.
- Rinse your mouth immediately with warm water.
- Finally, brush your teeth as you do every day.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times a week.
Some Useful Tips to Prevent Yellow Teeth
You can prevent teeth discoloration by following these easy and cheap DIY teeth whitening tips.
- Brush your teeth gently, do not apply too much force on the teeth.
- Replace the toothbrush for every 2 – 3 months.
- Always use a straw to consume any drinks or beverages like fruit juices, coffee, etc.
- Drinking plenty of water and rinse your mouth immediately after eating.